Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What is Beautiful and what is ugly?


A stag was drinking water in a pond and had a look at its own reflection on the water. It thought, “what a beautiful horns I have. So sturdy, yet so graceful. This would save me in any combat, for sure. But look at my legs! They are so thin and so weak. It is very shameful to have such an ugly pair of legs. It is a wonder that these legs can carry my weight at all”

At that moment, a lion approached the pond for having water and noticed this beautiful stag. The lion was so hungry, and about to pound on the stag. The stag started running very fast, in order to save its life. It ran all over the plains free of trees, chased fiercely by the lion. Its ‘ugly’ legs carried the stag so well that it maintained a very safe distance ahead and the lion could not catch it.

But, when it had to pass through a woody place, the stag’s horns were caught by the overhead branches. Before the stag could release itself from the branches, the lion reached it and instantly killed it.

During the final moments, the stag thought, “how foolish I have been. The things I doubted and despised saved me, while those which I trusted and admired have brought about my end”

Moral:
Appearances can be deceptive.
What you think as your weakness could prove to be your real strength.
Look beyond the appearances, and recognize real strengths and weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment