Monday, July 27, 2009

Select your friends wisely


In a forest, all animals were scarred of the lion, which used to kill any animal that came into its sight. An ass and a fox entered into a pact that they would become friends and would try to help each other from the lion.

One day, the fox suddenly encountered the lion on its way. To save its life, the fox tried to negotiate with the lion. It said, “pls leave me now. I’ll get you the ass for your lunch. It is a good friend of mine and will do what ever I say” The lion was also not very hungry at that time and let the fox go.

The fox went to the ass and said ”I have found a way for us to escape from the lion. Come I’ll show you how.” The ass also went with the fox. The fox cunningly pushed the ass into a deep pit and went to the lion. “I have trapped the ass for you to eat. Pls spare me”

The lion had a look at the ass, which was trapped inside the pit and instantly killed the fox for its lunch. It had decided to eat the ass later at leisure, as anyhow it was already secured.

Morals:

Be careful in identifying your friends.
If you want to fool your friend, you’ll be fooled first
You reap what you sow

No comments:

Post a Comment