Friday, July 24, 2009

Price of Revenge


That was a beautiful forest with a large meadow. A horse was grazing in that place for quite some time. The horse was all alone, enjoying that vast meadow. One day, a stag intruded into this place and started grazing there. The horse felt its territory was invaded by the stag and it didn’t like it, even though there were enough grass for both the horse and the stag.

One day, it spotted a hunter in the forest and requested his help to punish the stag. The hunter had agreed cheerfully. But he also sought the horse’s help “ I can not hunt the stag, as it runs very fast. Let me mount on you and together we can chase the stag. Using my weapon, we can easily kill the stag”

The horse readily agreed. As planned, the hunter mounted himself on the horse and they chased the stag and the hunter killed the stag with his spear. The horse was very pleased with the revenge. There was no one now to share his grass. It began to thank the hunter for his help, but the hunter said,” No, do not thank me. I did not know until now how useful you could be to me. I should thank you, as from now on I’ll keep you as my servant”

From that time, the horse has become a slave of the hunter.

Moral:

Taking revenge on somebody may put you into deeper trouble
The price of revenge is always high

No comments:

Post a Comment